5 rules for creating the perfect advert
Updated: Jul 16
When it comes to creating an advert, we recommend sticking to a five-point rule. If you stick to these rules, you will create an advert that will be seen, be engaged with and have a much better chance of success.
These five points are very simple:
1. EYE-CATCHING - When people are scrolling it’s easy for them to miss things, so your advert needs to stand out
The picture or video that you post has to command attention. It has to be eye catching enough to distract someone from continuing to scroll through their feed. The more successful adverts use photos of people, because people like to buy from people.
2. RELEVANCY - Your audience have to see your advert as relevant to them
Your advert has to be relevant to your audience. They have to see it and think to themselves: that is something I am looking for or I’m interested in. If they’re thinking that, they won’t feel like you have intruded on or interrupted their feed.
3. CONTEXT - Your advert image(s) need to be in context with what you’re selling
Whilst it’s important to have an eye-catching image – it also has to be within context of what you’re selling. If it doesn’t fit within context, people will not understand what you want them to do.
4. VALUE - Think about what you’re providing and whether there’s enough value for them to click
The more value you put in, the more value you put in the more likely you are to get success. Value doesn’t mean just putting an amazing video out there, it could be an offer. Offers clearly show the customer that by watching the advert you will receive XYZ in return. This is the hook for ensuring that people will click, buy, subscribe, or whatever you are asking them to do.
5. CALL TO ACTION - This is so people know what they’re supposed to do
If you don’t have a call to action, people won’t understand what you are asking them to do. Give them a clear call to action so that they see the advert, know the value, see the relevancy, understand the context and hit that button so you achieve what you set out to do.
Now go and make the perfect advert and unleash it on the world!